Friday 15 November 2013

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista in 145 Burgundy Brown and Matte Suede Nail Enamel in 008 Powder Puff

I've been dying to color my hair again as soon as I colored it with L'Oréal Paris Excellence Creme in Medium Brown 5 months ago. I got disappointed because at PHP 555 (or $8.99), the dye was hardly noticeable on my black hair. I guess I should have been more daring and chosen lighter brown. Nevertheless, I still couldn't color it again as I also had hair rebond last December. I was afraid coloring it too soon would completely damage my hair.


For the past couple of months, I've been seeing Revlon's hair color products on sale in most Watsons stores around the Metro. Each box even came with a free Revlon nail enamel which retails at PHP 225 (or $4.99) if sold individually. I thought it was a good deal; at PHP 345 only (or $4.49), you already have new hair and nails! Nevertheless, I didn't buy right away since I felt I could use the money for more immediate needs like make-up or clothes haha!

However, one shopping day, I chanced upon this:

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com


Actually, what caught my eye was the nail polish that came with the hair dye haha! I've always wanted a matte nail polish; plus, it was in a shade I've been looking for! I wasn't sure of dying my hair a grape color though; the idea freaked me out a bit. Unfortunately, there was no available hair color in light brown. Thus, I took a leap of faith and made an impulsive purchase yet again!

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
I didn't really conduct a skin allergy test, whoops! Fortunately, nothing bad happened to me, whew! However, during the waiting period, there was a brief and bearable stingy sensation on my scalp. I also got a bit of the product in my eye while washing the dye off my hair. I just immediately splashed water on my face and wiped it with a dry towel.

I also know the instructions say not to dye the eyebrows, but I did anyway to make the burgundy brown look more natural on me. I used a hair color brush and cotton buds to dye my eyebrows. I only allowed it to stay for 15 minutes and cleaned the dye off with moist cotton.
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
What's in the box? 1) Application Instructions; 2) Gloves; 3) Ammonia-free Colorant; 4)  Nourishing-After-Color Conditioner; and 5) Cream Color Developer.

The instructions are pretty easy. Firstly, don't wash your hair 24 hours prior to coloring. Also, wear an old or dark-colored shirt, and before you start making a mess, section your hair into 8 parts with pins.

Secondly, put on the gloves, and cut a small opening at the tip of developer bottle. Subsequently, pour the colorant into the developer bottle. Thirdly, cover the opening of the developer bottle with a finger and shake vigorously until the mixture in the bottle becomes violet. Now, using your gloved hands, apply the mixture per section of hair; start at those sections near your nape and work your way up. Make sure to color all strands as well as the roots; use a hair color brush/comb to spread the mixture on your hair if necessary. After the application, put on a shower cap and wait. While waiting, you may actually clean off the accidental dye stains on other parts of your body like back, nape, ears, forehead, etc. with water and towel.

To wash it off, start by massaging your hair in warm water; then, rinse until the mixture is completely removed. Apply the conditioner ,wait for a few minutes and then rinse. Squeeze out all the water from your hair and let it dry naturally.

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
My hair color before (in broad daylight): It was an uneven mix of black and brown; it had been 5 months since I last dyed my hair after all.

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
My hair after (in broad daylight): It took me around 30 minutes to completely apply the hair dye, and for someone who has thick, medium length hair, I was surprised that I still had more than enough of the mixture. Nevertheless, I threw the excess away because I can't keep and reuse it. I waited for another 30 minutes before rinsing.

I actually panicked while rinsing because my hair became rough, tangled and clumpy. I feared I left it for too long and consequently, fried my hair. However, putting on the conditioner felt divine. It instantly made my hair soft and smooth despite using only 1/3 of the sachet.

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com
My hair the next day (in broad daylight): I skipped the shampoo and washed my hair with the Nourishing-After-Color Conditioner only for  the first 2 days. On my second day of being burgundy brown, I think the color has become more evident.

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

As for the nail polish, it's still amazing even though the sheerness of this shade made application tricky. It's also not as matte as I expected it to be. Under white light, it has a light lavander sheen. Nevertheless, I love how 1 or 2 coats of it made my nails look clean and naturally healthy; 3 coats gave a pearly white sheen. It blends well with my skin, as well as those with fairer or darker skin.
D.I.Y. Hair and Nails!
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

I love my new hair and so does the bf! I'm glad that this is one of those successful impulsive purchases! The burgundy color is not as funky as I thought; It is subtly noticeable in the light. Yellow lights aren't too hard on my new hair either; the brownness just becomes emphasized which is what I've always wanted. Now, I want to color my hair again because I'm so pleased with this product; I got my money's worth and more - a fabulous nail polish! I'm actually thinking of stocking up with more hair and nail colors while the sale lasts haha!

No comments: