Friday 15 November 2013

My Anti-Acne Face Regimen

In keeping with My 2012 New Year's Resolutions, I have spent days wandering the internet and malls in search for acne-fighting products to try on my face. Around this time, my face was a portrait of sleepless nights, physical inactivity and paramount stress, and no amount of make-up could hide the bumps and marks any longer. Although my dermatologist remains to be just a 15-minute drive away, I have been stubbornly insisting that I don't need to pay at the very least PHP1500 for new scars on my face. I know I can address my skin problems through less invasive ways, and no doubt about it, this i was able to do with a new skin care regimen I've been trying on for just 3 weeks!



  1. Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser;
  2. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner;
  3. VMV ID Sweat Acne and Overall Anti-bacterial Monolaurin Gel;
  4. Stieva-A Forte 1mg/g (0.01%) Tretinoin Cream and
  5. VMV Re-Everything Cream Anti-Age Primary Treatment

In the morning, I use the first 3 products on my skin. In the evening, I use all of them except for the VMV Re-Everything Cream which I am currently using only every other day in accordance with the bottle's instructions.

The process and result might take longer than the usual, but I'm equally as happy with my skin as I'd normally be after visiting my derma sans the pain from pricking and the consequent scars. I've practically lost the big bumps on my forehead, cheeks and jawline with the redness and dark spots on my face and back gradually returning to my natural skin tone! My skin's texture has also improved and the oiliness has definitely lessened.

These five have got to be my favorite face care products to date! Unlike the medicines mixed by my doctor herself, these 5 are easier to apply. I no longer despise or feel lazy putting medicines on my face since these five products are neither harsh, irritating nor stingy on the skin.

I hope to continue seeing positive results! Will make my next skin report after another week or so!

No comments: