Friday 15 November 2013

VMV ID Anti-Acne Anti-Aging Face Chest Back Body Exfoliating Lotion


In reviewing VMV ID Sweat Acne and Overall Anti-bacterial Monolaurin gel, I did say I'll try VMV ID lotion next. VMV ID gel turns out to be an ineffective skin mattifier, but it greatly makes up for this shortcoming as an excellent anti-acne treatment. Therefore, I've decided to still try another product from VMV's ID line which boasts the same anti-acne treatment and more.

Product
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

VMV ID lotion claims to "provide an active anti-bump, ultra-softening, light nourishment" on the skin. It claims to treat "acne, ingrown hair, chicken skin, shaving/waxing/plucking bumps and other folliculitis" through its main ingredients of salicylic acid and monolaurin. It also promotes skin exfoliation, minimizing wrinkles and softening rough skin. Hydrating the skin, the lotion moisturizes without clogging pores or adding shine.

Unlike the VMV ID gel, This product requires the same slow introduction to skin as the VMV re-everything cream. It may be applied onto face, neck, chest, arms, back, thighs and/or derriere except on mucosal areas of eyes, nose and genitals.

http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

This product was put to the real test when I severely broke out after trying out this new face wash that didn't suit my skin. Once again, another VMV ID product did not disappoint in the ant-acne department; this one worked immediately and effectively. It even works better than benzoyl peroxide or my tretinoin-glycolic acid combo. Applying it on my inflammed and acne-populated face one night, by the next day, my skin became less swollen and painful, and the zits significantly reduced!

As regards its fight against chicken skin, bumps and other folliculitis, it helps reduce but not completely get rid of them. Anyway, I think it's also because I don't apply the lotion religiously on these sensitive areas since VMV does admit of its potent formulation; it requires regulated use after all.

Even if it's packaged as VMV ID gel at 120ml bottle, for PHP790 (or $30 at amazon), I think one can save up more with this product because less than 1 pump of this product (pea-sized dot) can already do wonders. More than a month has passed but the bottle is still practically full. Furthermore, it's easier to spread onto the skin, and it doesn't dry up fast.

Initially, I wasn't sure how to squeeze this product into my face care regimen; it seemed like it adds redundancy to the entire routine. Now, I know what's it for - it's my quick fix for acne! I may also use this on my back and newly waxed/epilated parts of my body to prevent other skin problems. This may also replace my VMV ID gel step in the morning.

I hope you find this product review informative! You might also like my reviews on other VMV products.

No comments: