Friday 15 November 2013

VMV ID Sweat Acne and Overall Anti-bacterial Monolaurin Gel

A month ago, my face was an unsightly landscape, but thanks to my anti-acne face regimen, my skin has somehow cleared up. Now, I say "somehow" because there'd still be days when I'd get too lazy or busy to complete my skin routine (sorry, 2012!). Nevertheless, despite these lapses, I'd still say my skin is happier than ever and totally loving VMV ID Sweat Acne and Overall Anti-bacterial Monolaurin Gel.



VMV ID Sweat Acne and Overall Anti-bacterial Monolaurin Gel
http://pattokishop.blogspot.com

Two active ingredients of this product are 2% of glyceryl laurate (monolaurin) and beta hydroxy acid (BHA). Monolaurin is responsible for the product's anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral treatment while BHA specially fights acne problems; its oil-soluble characteristic is ideal for oily skin.

The gel formula feels cool and pleasantly stingy on the skin. It dries quite fast upon application so in putting the ID gel on your face, you might want to skip on the cotton and keep your distance from the electric fan or air-conditioner. You may also apply only a little amount on one small area at a time, but if you're in a hurry or a bit impatient like me, put a good amount on 2 fingers, leave dots on different areas of the face or back, then evenly spread all over.

I usually put this on my face right after washing it with my face wash and toner, but sometimes, I also apply it on my back and newly waxed areas of my body for its anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-protozoal properties.

I was actually choosing between this and the VMV ID lotion, but I chose the former since it claims to also mattify the skin for make-up. Unfortunately, this product has failed to keep my face shine-free, and it could probably be because I have really oily skin. This is a major product flaw for me because I primarily chose this product for its supposed mattifying properties.  Nevertheless, I still put this on to protect and prepare my skin against my make-up.

I use this product 2x a day, and have consumed 3/4 of the 120 ml bottle within a month's time. Failing as an oil-control gel and make-up primer, at PHP 670 (or $24 at amazon.com)  good for at least 1 month, it does seem a bit pricey to me for being a mere anti-acne gel. I love how it has cleared my skin, but next time though, I might get myself the ID lotion or some other product instead.

No comments: